Monday, November 11, 2013

Rigging next

Arctic Rose


All the washing, brushing and painting has now been done and Arctic Rose is now back in her natural element again.

This is the time I fear the most - bumping her up alongside and making a mess of the beautiful new finish before we get to enjoy the benefit of all the hard work done, by others, in the last month or so.

My days on hands and knees polishing/scrubbing/stripping/polishing/painting for hours on end are over. I don't mind doing the odd job, but nothing like I used to do.

Anyway, I digress.

Here you can see Arctic Rose nestled in alongside at W. Cowes, awaiting the attentions of the riggers who are doing a much needed replacement of her running rigging.

This picture was taken from the ferry, on our way back home after a fun weekend exploring the far side of the IOW for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment