Thursday, October 03, 2013

Dear old Lady Jane

Dear old LJThe other week, when we were in Portsmouth Harbour with Arctic Rose, we took a small diversion to go check out poor old Lady Jane, my old ex trawler.

Sure enough, there she was, lying abandoned and looking pretty sorry for herself, listing somewhat to port.

I'm pretty pleased at how the paintwork has stood up, considering it looks like its been years since she was given any tlc. Looking closely, I can also see a few new dents and scrapes.

Still, at least she is still afloat and, presumably, the engine and other machinery is still in good condition.

Seeing the old girl like that, I have absolutely no regrets at all at dumping her and buying Arctic Rose.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Hi Tim have a look at ebay Item 231066

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Also came here to check if the ebay auction was about the same vessel - back when I read here that she was sold for scrap, I considered her gone - I didn't realize she hadn't be scrapped yet, and someone was actually still using her as a liveaboard (according to the ebay description): 231076569968 eBay item number:

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/House-Boat-/231076569968?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35cd3ca370

    ReplyDelete