Monday, December 03, 2012

Solar power experiments

Solar cellsSpending a few days at anchor in the summer made me realise I needed some way of charging our gadgets without draining the boat's precious battery power.

The solar panels I've bought before have been useless, so this time, I thought that if I made a panel up for myself, I may actually get what I want.

I expect to leave a solar charger out in the sun and have whatever gadget simply charge up as if it's plugged into the mains or a usb port. This has never been the case with anything I've tried before.

Now I'm working on building a solar panel which should produce at least the equivalent power of a USB socket.

So far, I see I need sunlight or at least bright light to produce the power I need without getting silly about the size of the panel.

The work continues...


No comments:

Post a Comment