Monday, November 19, 2012

Mist and fog

Mist & fogThe grand plan was to go sailing round to Bembridge on the Friday, stay over exploring the area on the Saturday, then sail back on Sunday.

As you can see the poor visibility, with worse forecast later, stopped Friday's plan dead in it's tracks.

Arctic Rose is well enough equipped to deal with poor visibility if we encounter it, with both radar and AIS on board, but I'd rather not set out into such conditions in the first place.

To the right of the picture, you can also see a somewhat tatty looking lifeboat which had appeared on what was Lilagina's mooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment