Monday, July 02, 2012

Touch up spray painting

Preval





It occurred to me when asking the guys at http://marineware.com/ about the paint I needed, to ask if they knew of some kind of compressed air arrangement, like the spray paint cans you can buy, which would work with small amounts of their paint.

The guys recommended I looked at Preval sprayers.

As part of the whole storm damage repair job, I thought why not get a few - they are not that expensive and perfect for mixing up small quantities of two part paints.

I must say, although quite small, they are very effective. Making a quality coating that is only possible when spray painting.

Next time I spray with one of the Preval's, I'll also get myself a large syringe, so I can syringe up the paint and fill the glass Preval bottle without any mess whatsoever.

The best thing is that the Preval sprayers are fairly cheap, meaning I can touch up small patches, then throw the whole lot away without having to worry about cleaning up any messy brushes or paint containers.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:27 PM

    You can drill a hole in the canister & put an attachment on to connect to an air compressor,or recharge it with a bicycle pump if you put a bicycle wheele air reciever attachment.Tony in St.Anthony,where the icebergs are still floating by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony

    Good to hear from you again.

    Thanks for that - sounds like a useful tip.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete