Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slipping and siding

Slipping and sidingWith Lady Jane now out of the water, the next step is to clean her bottom and assess what needs doing from there.

As soon as Lady Jane has been cleaned up, she will then be side-slipped, using the railway tracks you can see, into the big shed there.

Boats which don't have tall masts like mine go into a slightly less tall, but much larger, shed.

I'm very impressed by the apparent ease of the whole operation, and the folks at Solent Refit have done a sterling job so far.

Everything about this place is on such a vast scale, it's a little hard to believe. By their standards, Lady Jane is not that big!

6 comments:

  1. Tim,
    My fingers are crossed for you hull inspection. :))

    When they move LJ it sure seems to move fast.

    Is that a hydraulic lift they used to get you out of the water ?

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob

    ?

    The process has been fine so far.

    I don't dare comment on the state of the hull until I've had a good look at it.

    My initial impression is that things are fine - except the anodes of course.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill

    I'm not sure, but I think it's electric.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Great pictures..Wanderbird left here yesterday for Labrador & greenlands icy waters,presently 25 icebergs off St.Anthony...a few days ago they were outnumbered by the whales...great year for tourist....if we can only get more than one or 2 days of sun...last year I think summer was on fri.sat. sunday & monday in mid august...hope I don't miss it this year.Lady Jane would do nicely waltzing down the Labrador coast with Wanderbird as partner I would think,they both huff & puff the same tune...Tony in soggy St.Anthony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tony

    Good to hear from you again.

    I'm suitably envious!

    Maybe one day we will get to travel together with the Wanderbird. I hope so!

    Best regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete