Friday, July 22, 2011

Inside

Inside insideI can hardly believe it myself, to see Lady Jane actually inside a shed!

Hythe marine park makes the old girl look quite small really.

There had been some discussion about possibly cutting the mast off, or at least trimming it, but in the end she fitted right under with no problem at all.

Only just though.

I'd say that if you have a boat in the Southampton or Solent area, and are looking to get her lifted out the water, speak to the guys here. If you mention that Tim from Lady Jane sent you, you are sure to get a good deal.

These guys are more than happy to assist with some of the work that I need doing, and are equally happy if I do stuff for myself.

The hull and engine room fittings work I'm leaving to the experts, in the long run it will be cheaper for me. The rest I'll do myself.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:03 PM

    She seems so small! How did you/they clean the hull, water blasting? Please take more pictures in between working from dawn to dusk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,
    Some how I missed the post about the engine fittings, whats with that ?

    Thanks

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tim; "LADY JANE" was obviously designed to deal with Heavy Sea conditions. Is there a depression at the stern or is that a paint issue?. If a dent,they may be able to press it out with hydraulic jacks and heat.My ship the "NOKOMIS" a former Canadian Coast Guard Icebreaker-BuoyTender-70FT X 20FTX 6FT is similar,a Grand Banks Longliner Design 120Tons.
    jonn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any plans for painting the mast and moving the windlass? I would say its an ideal time for those long awaited tasks.

    Have fun!
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:06 AM

    nice job!! a 2" brush should see you finished up by xmas?? pop down and see you soon probably evening less likely to have a brush and a paint pot thrust at me then??regards john

    ReplyDelete