It's a little overdue, I know, but I've had the main engine up and running over the weekend.
As it happens, I ended up running all the various engines on board Lady Jane, as I also had to run the donkey to make compressed air to start the main engine. To start the donkey, I've found pre-heating it with a 2KW fan heater makes my life so much easier. For that I also had to run the deck generator. Because there was absolutely no wind over the weekend, I also needed to use the small generator to keep the 24V battery topped up.
The picture shows the telemetry from the main engine run, which was a good three hours or so in the end. The temperatures are shown in the top chart, with the pressures shown in the bottom chart. The RPM is shown in both charts.
The green dots show the sensors are working ok (they go blue if a sensor dies). Ultimately, the plan is to have the dot go red if an out of range condition occurs, along with an alarm in both the engine room and wheelhouse.
The zigzags in the RPM you see there is me nudging the old girl into gear, both forward and reverse, a few times just to check all is ok.
The red pressure line you see right at the bottom there is the saltwater cooling water pressure, a bit low on the scale shown, I know, but its all working ok.
I also have sensors for both the freshwater cooling and turbo pressures all plumbed in, but have not extended the program for these yet. I suspect both of these will be bumping along the bottom, along with the saltwater pressure, so I may have to re-think how I show these.
Obviously, when we take Lady Jane out the telemetry readings become far more relevant and useful.