Thursday, November 18, 2010

Queen Mary 2 in New York

In New YorkThe Wanderbird was tied up at a place called Atlantic Basin, in New York.

During the early morning on the day following our arrival, the Queen Mary 2 arrived just over the way from us.

A few minutes walk provided the perfect photo opportunity, with the Statue of Liberty framed under the bow of the Queen Mary 2.

It shouldn't do, but it was a bit weird for me to see the Queen Mary 2 there. Just like being in Southampton docks again.

Like so much I've experienced with boats - I again had that feeling of things being the same, but different.

4 comments:

  1. I can understand. There's been many the occasion when I have seen the same cargo vessel at port on the US east coast and then again in either Rotterdam or in the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis

    Thanks

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Since I wasn't able to see this exact photo, beautifully framed Statue of Liberty under the prow of Queen
    Mary II I REALLY appreciate this photo. Thanks Tim
    Roger PS Thanks also for prompting me to learn a bit about social networking online. I needed the push!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roger

    We are all learning, all the time.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete