Thursday, October 07, 2010

Switches and sockets

Switches and socketsMore sockets are a sure sign that Andy has been.

Here you see the improvements to one of the two bunk spaces in the form of a mains socket and a switch for the main light for the occupant(s). Thanks Andy.

The fortuitous purchase of an additional light switch means the crew space down below now has three light switches - one by each of the bunks and one up above.

Trying to think through, without looking at a diagram, how two switches work together so either switch turns the light on or off is hard enough, but how three work together is really tough.

Fortunately we have the internets to help us figure out how stuff works.

Like so many puzzles, the answer is easy when you can see it before you.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had an Andy to come sort my electrical woes. I have a fuse box half hooked up, all sorts of things that need to be wired in and am sitting here in the dark and cold with winter breathing down my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhianna

    I feel for you there.

    From what I see, doing this kind of thing is not trivial.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Tim. What are your plans to cover those wires? A custom wood system or an off the shelf thing could work well enough, though that wire between the two boxes is a bit low/short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TZ NOV. 8-16 Belfast Maine to New York City. Wanna join us? Cheers, Wanderbirds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marc

    I'm thinking tasteful wooden coverings.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Rick & Karen

    Sounds good - I'll look into it more, but for now - count me in!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete