Thursday, September 09, 2010

Waverley engine



On my last post on the Waverley, I fear I did not do the old girl full justice with that little video clip from the engine room. I liked it as it showed the engine going in both directions, in response to the telegraphed commands to the engineer from the bridge.

This is a better clip, taken from the other side, showing the Waverley's engine in action while she is properly under way. You can also see the three engineers in attendance.

We were apparently doing about 14 knots when this was taken.

If you stood this close to Lady Jane's engine at 14 knots, you would not be able to hear yourself think!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh !!!
    I could stand watching that engine for hours .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those engineers look pretty clean. I guess the Waverley must run like a well oiled machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew

    Me too.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup diy.

    Thanks

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dennis

    It certainly does!

    ReplyDelete