Tuesday, September 14, 2010

TLC for the rib

TLC for the ribIt's time to give the RIB a little care and attention.

This time it's the electrics that need attention again.

Intermittent problems with both the pump and the nav lights have now been traced to the switches and connectors on the dashboard.

Handily, a visit to the Southampton Boat Show later this week should save me a trip to the chandlers for shiny new switches.

If I get the chance, I'll also see about getting a new waterproof junction box.

With new switches fitted, and good connections, this should mean the end of a long standing problem with the RIB lights, and me set for the darker months ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure glad I boat on fresh water. :))

    Bill K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Ah, that would be good and nice to see. You know how I love ship-shape electrics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bill

    Yup - that satwater is hard on things.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew

    I wondered if you would have your say!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete