Monday, July 12, 2010

RIB in action

The RIB in actionI thought I'd show a picture if the RIB (HBI) in action, and yes, that's me driving it.

The picture was taken by Fred, just as John was lining Lady Jane up for her mooring. I, meanwhile, was about go pick up her forward mooring line, previously left on the buoy, to hand back to Fred on board.

I'll be the first to admit that it's not the prettiest rib in the river, but that extra horsepower, compared to the old sow, sure helps nudge Lady Jane around.

It's also much more fun out on the water than the old sow.

Now the choice is whether to keep using the rib (better), or to start using the old sow again (cheaper).

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    please have large RIB in attendance when ever we move,alternativly have rescuitation available in the wheelhouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy this this one get me laughing out loud.

    Bill Kelleher



    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    please have large RIB in attendance when ever we move,alternativly have rescuitation available in the wheelhouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:32 PM

    RIB. I carries more. It's safer in rough weather. It's faster. It's more useful in maneuvering LJ. And it's more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My philosophy has always been to use the best tool for the job.

    ReplyDelete