Monday, June 28, 2010

On the move

On the moveHere is the view down Southampton water as we sail from berth 50, back round to Lady Jane's mooring on the river Itchen.

As you can see from the weather, it was the perfect day for such an adventure.

Fortunately everything went exactly as planned, except maybe for a certain yachtie who got in our way, and now Lady Jane is safely back on her moorings on the Itchen.

I don't know how many of you saw it, but the webcam was on for the duration.

Too late, skipper John asked if I had the webcam store the images of the trip, so I could make one of those time-lapse clips you see about. Ah well, I'm already planning the next voyage, round Swanage way maybe...

Special thanks to the crew, in no particular order, Chris, John and Fred who all helped participate in a trouble free jaunt.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    I have been trying to find your boat location on Google Map. I find River Itchen, then the Itchen Bridge and then further upstream the Northam Bridge. Where are you located in relation to these bridges? I am located in Louisiana, United States and have enjoyed reading all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,

    Thanks for that.

    I can be seen in the middle of the itchen, about halfway between the two bridges.

    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.906701,-1.384635&spn=0.000322,0.000871&t=h&z=21

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete