Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bunk(s)

BunkWhile Lee helped me with the RIB, Andy and Steve got on with creating bunks down below.

In the original, grand, plan, during Saturday Andy and Steve would make the bunks such that everyone had someplace to sleep down below that night.

The idea was that the frame and bases would be completed, with the sides and internals to be done some time later.

In reality, the first bunk took so long that Steve ended up kipping on the floor. I should know things on board take more than twice as long as planned by now!

Still, I'd rather have one bunk frame made really well than two somewhat wobbly bunks which would only need fixing later.

As it was, we all only finished our respective jobs after eight in the evening.

Time enough for a good feed and a few beers at an excellent Indian resturant nearby.

A big thanks to Andrew, Steve and Lee for all the help over the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever had any job take the time I thought it would on the boat.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  2. When estimating time for a job, I have learnt to take what Pete says, double it and then multiply by whatever number springs to mind!
    Reckon after a few beers that the floor was as good as a bunk anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the right attitude about it though. Better to have one well made bunk late than 2 made on time that will need repair later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill

    I should know by now!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fran

    Yup, that would do it.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dennis

    My point exactly.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete