Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Queen Mary 2

Queen Mary 2I'm easily distracted by the activity going on around me the whole time.

Saturday evening saw the departure of a whole series of cruise ships. Amongst them the Queen Mary 2, who did a neat 180 just behind me.

What is interesting, is the modern cruise ships no longer seem to need a bevy of tugs around them as they manoeuvre in port.

That will be on account of the Azimuth Thrusters they all wear nowadays.

I forgot to mention, if you look carefully you can see two people standing outside of the hull, on the starboard side near the bow.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:45 AM

    All top and no bottom and not much tumblehome,wouldn't catch me out in a gale in that one.I'd rather Lady Jane or Wanderbird any day.Great shot.Tony,St.Anthony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony

    Thanks.

    Good to hear from you again. Keep well.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I hope you put our best fenders out for her to come alongside?off to Greece to help sort out their financial problems!!Back in UK 31st may,weather looks good for a Lady Jane B.B.Q.They say that in Nelsons day the orlop deck,where the ships surgeon carried out his trade,the deck was painted red to hide the blood!!Now I am not convinced that they would have been to worried about such niceties? But I think a coat of paint on the focsle asap is in order!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John

    That deck won't be red for long...

    Lots to do before she is shipshape for the BBQ!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete