Friday, February 05, 2010

LED Light

LED LightsHere's something fantastic I picked up the other day.

It's an LED light from that well known Swedish furniture store that also sells all kinds of other stuff.

For it's size and power consumption, this LED light puts out an amazing amount of light. Probably the brightest LED I've ever come across.

Easily enough light to read or work by.

The croc grip at the base of the lamp and the flexible arm make this an ideal lamp for all kinds of useful stuff on board.

At the moment the lamp runs off of mains voltage, through a tiny transformer, but that may very well change.

8 comments:

  1. It's a great little lamp. It's amazing what you can pick up at that 'Swedish' place for so little money. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much was it Tium? I guess I can go online and find out so don`t worry if you dont have time,thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEDs are amazing aren't they? I wonder how the color is on that model because often they give off a blueish or stark light. I know they working on that issue though and its only going to get better. The power savings could be amazing for say a floodlight but they are just so gosh darned expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fran

    Going there scares me - I ALWAYS buy more than I intend.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rob

    Looking at their website, it's listed as a clamp spotlight for £ 14.99.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marc

    The lamp is a white light and uses some 4.2W, which is great for me.

    In terms of floodlights, I've long been using low energy floodlights (either 26 or 42 W - I can't remember) and have found that compared to the cheap halogen ones the bulbs last forever, they don't get hot and, of course, they don't suck power.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete