The eagle eyed amongst you will see the tail has a home made extension stuck to it.
The issue I'm having is that the wind generator keeps turning out of the wind, for no apparent reason.
It's really frustrating, as the wind generator is not producing the power it should as it turns out of the wind, slows down then turns back into the wind and speeds up again.
There is no specific pattern to which direction it turns out, and no particular wind speed or direction either.
I've been working with the folks at Eclectic to resolve this. They have been extremely helpful, to the extent of replacing the whole generator for me.
I am now sure it's not the generator, but something in the setup on Lady Jane. But so far I just can't work out what the issue is.
I know it's not:
- The cable, or for that matter any of the connections, from the generator to the batteries, as I've changed all that.
- The connection, as this is all connected up securely and correctly.
- The inverter, as it still faces out of the wind with the inverter disconnected.
- The battery de-sulphinators, as they have been disconnected to test this.
- Any of the boats 24V systems, as they have been isolated to help find the problem.
- The voltage regulator, as this has been temporarily bypassed.
- Any turbulence, as the generator has been moved to endure this is eliminated.
The best I've been able to do is to extend the tail, so the generator turns back into the wind as fast as possible. This maximises the power I can get from the generator.
Any ideas anyone?