Monday, October 19, 2009

Priming

PrimingAfter rust busting comes priming, of course.

I know it looks a bit, well, red. But that's only the first coat of primer.

There is more rust busting to do on the port side, but I think the worst of the rust on this side has been dealt with now. The rest should be, relatively, easy. Watch this space.....

The idea of the red primer is that this is followed with grey, then white primer. That way, as I work towards the bow on the rust busting and subsequent priming, I always know how many coats the various sections have been painted with.

Hopefully the weather will co-operate for at least a little bit longer while I get this section done.

2 comments:

  1. Morning Tim !
    Out of Rustroy ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi If

    I'm saving the rustroy...

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete