Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rubbish (garbage) day

Rubbish dayOn board I have a whole series of tasks that need doing periodically.

I should, I suppose, make a list of these routine tasks so I can stay on top of them.

Removing the rubbish (garbage) is just one of those routine tasks that left too long can take on epic proportions.

I hasten to point out that this is boat project garbage only. The normal household waste is taken off the boat at the end of the weekend, with recycling taken off as and when the respective recycling bins are full.

The poor Old Sow was loaded to the gills with the rubbish accumulated over the last six months or so, carefully avoiding sharp edges against the tubes.

This in turn got loaded into the truck and sneaked into the council tip (dump).

The reason I say sneaked is that the rubbish from Lady Jane tends to be rust, paint chips, old rollers and generally awful stuff. I compare this to the lampshades, beautiful wood, old chairs and other quite good, sometimes useful, looking things 'normal' people throw away.

It almost feels criminal tipping in a tin full of rust and debris from Lady Jane in amongst all that other stuff, so I have this weird fear getting thrown out for having unacceptably bad rubbish.

8 comments:

  1. Dont forget to keep the gas cylinder for the probosis fuel reduction unit :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:17 AM

    Speaking of sow, what's up with your RIB? It's been off the scene for ages now, with what looked like an overnight stay at the marina's worth of fixing to be done. You must miss it. When are you going to have it back in action?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:16 AM

    I feel a short trip to sea will restore you to almost as good as new!sat 19th sept looks good to me, if the old girl has not grown to the bottom since i last took her out!!give me a call or e-mail if you are up for it,john

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post did make me laugh. I've had very similar feelings myself about my own shippy rubbing...or I should say that other people wouldn't touch it with a barge pole ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rob

    The gas cylinder is safe.

    The plan is for a wood burner now.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anonymous

    The RIB is at home, awaiting tender loving care - and some cash!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John

    Soon - very soon.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ValleyP

    Thanks - I guess it's a common problem amongst us.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete