Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Door frame

DoorframeThe picture shows the progress so far on the new workshop space I'm creating.

As you can see, I've just finished putting in the doorframe.

The frame itself is a planed down section of 2" * 2" piece of timber, with a section so the frame 'sticks out' from the surrounding ply and has a flat edge for the door to rest against on the opposite side.

I already know the completed door fits width wise, but not length wise.

I'll trim the door exactly to size once the frame glue is properly dry and I have the time to measure it all up correctly.

Now is not the time to make any hasty measurements and/or cuts.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Tim. :))

    That ought to really be nice when the weather gets colder.

    Bill Kelleher

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's already noticeably warmer in there when the wind blows.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete