Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Consternation

ConsternationI don't think I've ever done anything on board that has caused as much consternation as this table has.

Last I posted about it, Fred had been working on the construction of the frame.

We have subsequently also cut, sanded and glued the table top - out of plywood as planned.

Last week, after Fred had gone, I sealed the table with PVA, then gave it a few coats of varnish.

I used varnish purely by way of experimentation on how the varnish I'm using would survive out in the weather.

Now I've created myself a problem, as Patch, Andy and Fred are all horrified at the idea of me using it as a work bench.

With Patch going so far as to refuse to put mugs of hot tea on it, for fear of marking it.

Too late now - working on my new door, when nobody was looking, has already christened it with a few scratches.

I'll admit it does look rather good at the moment, but it is, after all, only a bit of plywood.

8 comments:

  1. Tim do you know anyone who would like some once used 45 gallon heavy duty drums. we have them at work for our monomers and it seems a shame to throw them away ( they are blue )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tim! You VANDAL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew

    I'm afraid not. It's the sort of thing I end up keeping forever, thinking they may somehow come in useful.

    Have you had any luck selling them on Ebay?

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul

    Grins.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tim, that sure gave me a belly laugh.

    Bill Kelleher


    Now I've created myself a problem, as Patch, Andy and Fred are all horrified at the idea of me using it as a work bench.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bill

    Good to know. Thanks.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tim,

    Patch might not like to put hot mugs on it but I am sure that a couple of beer can rings would be acceptable!!!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Fran

    I'll have to see what I can achieve on that front:)

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete