Thursday, September 03, 2009

Completed door

Completed doorFinally, the door is complete.

In the end, the actual fitting was not as much of a problem as I'd envisaged.

Andy proved an enormous help though. In the event I know I would have really struggled to actually hang the door by myself.

The biggest single issue we had was the ply the door fits into was twisted in the frame I'd built. After re-designing the supporting struts slightly, all was well.

A lick of paint on the front there, and all evidence of any screw heads and clamp marks will be disappeared completely.

Oh yes, and the door closes with a satisfying click. A really good result I'd say.

7 comments:

  1. "the door closes with a satisfying click" isn't that the best thing ever?

    Are You going to put something where the metal meets your new wall at the top so water doesn't get in between?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Tim! I bet there will be something that you eventually want to get into your workshop that will be too big to get through the door :o))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob

    The plan is to take one of the ply walls out if that is the case.

    It would be quite a bit of work, but then a really big thing that needs doing would be I suppose.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gold

    Thanks for the attention, but I suspect this is just advertising - which is not appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marc

    I'm going to enjoy that sound for some time to come.

    I've some white silicon which I'll use to seal the top and sides of the ply.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete