Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Steel priming

Steel primingMy deck is a real mess at the moment.

The offcuts from the steelwork at the stern has prompted me to also take care of some of the other new(ish) steel I have on board.

I also see that some of the other plate I have on board will need another coat of primer soon.

Experience has taught me that slapping primer onto steel early on helps keep the steel in pristine condition.

As I well know, the better the condition the steel is in, the easier it is to cut and weld.

3 comments:

  1. Jeanne Craig2:43 PM

    Tim:
    I am an editor at Motor Boating magazine in the U.S. I really enjoy your blog and would like to share a post or two with the readers of our publication (recreational powerboat owners). Could I get your permission to do so? I look forward to hearing from you. --Jeanne Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne

    I'm happy for you to share my posts with your readers.

    Please just include a link back to my blog when you do so.

    Thanks

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Tim... a man of steel

    ReplyDelete