Monday, June 01, 2009

Ahh

AhhhThis is definitely one of those ahh moments.

Here mrs swan shows of her brood of babies. These chicks can only be a few days old, at most.

In truth, the tart only came over because of the bread Fred threw into the water while I fetched my camera!

Also, on the wildlife front, I had a duck nosing about on Lady Jane like she owned the place. I suspect she may have been looking for a place to lay her eggs.

Much as I'd like to play host to a new family of ducks, I suspect the noise and activity on deck over the weekend has helped persuade the duck to look elsewhere.

9 comments:

  1. Yippee! I've got some just like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Tim, now that's a nice post......not that the others aren't fine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture Tim! we have some in the marina a pair and their three chick brood. they wait in the morning for the Lock to open and again in the evening to get back in. usually one chick rides on his mums back in amongst her wings and can be seen only by its head sticking out. I am told that she carries all three like that in the late evenings. What a wonderful thing nature is! Great piccie once again, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shot. I wish we had swans, they are my favorite bird. Lots of ducks and geese here tho, so that will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Seb

    It is so cool being in a place where this kind of thing goes on.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick & Karen

    It's good to be reminded why I'm doing this in the first place.

    Take care.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rob

    Thanks.

    Swans are such beautiful creatures.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cyberangel

    Ducks and geese are just as much fun to have around.

    I took quite a few pics of them, but was not really happy with any of them in the end.

    I may have to do another photo shoot sometime soon...

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get swans from time to time here too. I haven't seen any this year but I think Payton has. The riparian zone is somewhat different than at Mitchell and I don't get as many birds at the feeder like there. I used to get the black-capped chickadees there. However there are other songbirds in the grasses that I've not been able to identify yet.

    ReplyDelete