Tuesday, May 12, 2009

White deck

Deck paintedI don't know how long this will stay clean!

I'm enjoying it while it lasts though, as suddenly having a newly painted fresh white space is certainly refreshing.

Part of the reason for this painting splurge inside was seeing the spotless engine room in an RNLI boat, as shown on TV.

I thought 'it looks so good with a spotless white floor that I should give it a go myself on Lady Jane'.

Starting gently with the easier space above the engine room, of course, before attacking the engine room decking itself.

As usual, an immediate result helps motivate me to do more.

4 comments:

  1. Fred (WWR)11:22 AM

    Looking GOOOOD! Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fred

    Yup thanks.

    Can't wait to see the engine room looking as clean!

    (Might be a while!)

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Looks gorgeous. Is it going to be slippery when you come in there with rain-soaked gear and start dripping water all over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. DANG! That looks great!

    I also bought an old trawler - 71 footer. We've just started work on her - wish I can see when I'll have ours looking as good as Lady Jane!

    ReplyDelete