Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Humber Star

Humber StarSo here's the Humber Star, right after she has been re-floated.

On arriving back at Lady Jane, it was obvious from the activity down the river that the Humber Star was being re-floated, so I nipped down the Itchen to get a few pictures of the process.

In the event, she was already well afloat when I got there.

Her deck was swarming with all kinds of people in high viz jackets and helmets.

I can't even begin to imagine the issues they still have to deal with as a result of her sinking.

2 comments:

  1. "I can't even begin to imagine the issues they still have to deal with as a result of her sinking."

    Finding the plughole would be a start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said raising was featured on 5's 'Sea Patrol' docu, thought I recognized the name of the ship :)

    http://demand.five.tv/Episode.aspx?episodeBaseName=C5144190006

    ReplyDelete