Thursday, December 11, 2008

An extra second - what will you do with it?

I read this article, and thought 'what an odd time to add an extra second'.

I then realised it was a US article and that there was no mention of UTC, or GMT as it used to be.

Of course that extra second is really tacked onto the very end of 2008, UTC time, extending what has been a miserable year by anyone's standards.

I'll probably save the extra second, like I try to save the extra daylight savings hour we get every year, and use if for a bit longer in bed on the next Monday morning.

4 comments:

  1. I would use it to be close to my 6 month old Grandaughter and my family and pet dog on my boat in the sun of the westindies or samoa eating a great meal watching you fix the last bit of your boat at completion. (OK so it may be for a while but what a second eh?):o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends... As a photographer, I can shoot 9 frames in a second with 1 camera, but I'll probably be shooting at say, a 250th which means I'll have a large part of that second wasted... so I think I'll use it to review my life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob

    A long second that's going to be!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul

    A lot can change in 9 frames.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete