Thursday, October 09, 2008

Engine upgrade

Engine upgradeAfter a long delay, and more money than I'd have liked, the Old Sow finally has her original engine back.

The impeller has been replaced, the cooling water tubes cleaned out and the engine given a good servicing.

That 15 HP Honda pushes the sow along at a good clip now, getting up on the plane with no problem at all.

What I found was that the engine is probably a little heavy for the boat, so a lump or two of ballast has been pressed into service up forwards.

With the ballast in, the Old Sow is also much more controllable than it first was.

The only down side, so far as I can see at the moment, is that fuel consumption will inevitably go up.

I'm still on the same tank of fuel from when I switched the 4 HP engine in, at the beginning of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment