Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Weather station

 Weather stationAnother gadget.

I got this idea in my head, mainly prompted by the wind generator, to get a weather station.

Now I can tell wind speed, rainfall, temperature inside & out, humidity inside & out, and therefore wind chill and dew point (whatever that is). I suspect the rain gage is not working, though it may just be a faulty connection.

My original thinking being I could tell the wind speed, and therefore see if the wind generator was doing what it was supposed to be doing. Which it is by the way.

Actually it's been quite fascinating having this new toy.

Mostly I'm surprised at the humidity readings it's been producing. They are much higher than I would have expected.

That's the first time I've actually paid attention to humidity, as now I have some means of measuring it.

The other morning it was sitting on a very soggy 88%.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tim I am now operating from this address http://rob-robinsdiary.blogspot.com
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your new toy! I myself have recenty bought a similar toy as well, though yours looks alot more proffesional than mine. Hey if its on sale...
    While I love storms anyway there is so much more extiement involved now watching the values change act like a weather man. It would be interesting to monitor the dynamic weather on the old boat, perhaps more than in midwest Ohio ;-). Keep us posted on anything interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well? Is it raining or wot?
    Fab toy.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob

    Noted.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marc

    It's a fascinating bit of kit, to be sure.

    It's all a bit new & exciting right now.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Seb

    Ha ha - as it happens, it looks like the rain gauge part does not work for some reason.

    More advanced troubleshooting is required when the weather improves!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:41 AM

    i think you should give the skipper a go at picking gadgets! how about a nice new radar! or a lovely cuddly liferaft! or a nice tactile wheel! moral of this story is,dont get the skipper going on his wish list!!! cheers tim regards john.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John

    Maybe we go checkout radars and liferafts at the boatshow?

    Obviously any new radar will need testing at sea!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete