Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goodbye Arthur

Goodbye ArthurLast week, when I finally got on board Lady Jane, I saw all sorts of activity and lights on Arthur, who was moored astern of me.

Such activity is extremely unusual. In all the time I've been on the Itchen I've never seen anyone on Arthur.

Arthur, an ex MTB or similar, is the blue hulled boat in the middle there. The picture was taken quite late in the evening, hence the shakiness.

Some time later I heard the sound of engines running - it could have been one, or more, of Arthur's engines, or a big generator on the green hulled boat next to Arthur.

I'm told that Arthur has four powerful engines, which must have made it a pretty swift boat in it's time.

Anyway, the next morning both the green hulled boat and Arthur were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment