Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Boat projects

ProjectsNow here's a project which must gobble up fifty pound notes like they are Smarties (hundred dollar bills like they are Dots for you guys in the US).

This dry dock is right opposite where Lady Jane is moored, so I've been watching the progress on Nobli, originally named Lac II, for over a year now.

This Feadship boat, previously owned by President Gaddafi of Libya, has now been extended somewhat.

All I know is it's taken what seems like ages to get this far and, so far as I can tell, the inside is still a complete shell.

Apparently absolutely everything inside had Gaddafi's crest on it, even the light fittings, so the new owner presumably had little option but to strip it all out and start again. That or adopt Gaddafi's crest!

As you can see from the picture, she has recently been shot blasted and spray painted.

By the look of her, she's now ready to float for her stability testing.

5 comments:

  1. Nice looking if somewhat dated boat. I`m not sure that I don`t prefer the dated ones more than the jelly moulds of today. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. marcus3:47 PM

    A nice looking boat I have to say! Any chance Lady Jane will be in the dry dock someday?

    P.S. We call them smarties over here too. (unless of course its a different candy)

    Cheers
    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rob

    She does look good - looking through the Feadship website, they have done some really stylish yachts over the years.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcus

    Thanks for that - pity you can't get Dots here (so far as I'm aware).

    I think that dry dock is going to be in use by Nobli for a while yet.

    Lady Jane will probably be slipped sometime soon instead.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. "All I know is it's taken what seems like ages to get this far and, so far as I can tell, the inside is still a complete shell."

    I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete