Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spare anchor

Spare AnchorFor over a year now, I've had this spare anchor kicking around on deck.

'Time to clean it up and paint it' I thought.

You can tell that with the warmer weather on us, the emphasis is now on work above decks.

Hours of toil later, and I've only cleaned up just over half of it.

As ever with this type of thing, it's always more work than you'd expect.

Still, I'm looking forward to a beautifully painted spare anchor gracing my deck, rather than that rusty old lump I've become accustomed to.

For those of you who are interested, that puppy weighs 300lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Look at the rust-royed bit at the top!

    I think you're making more of this anchor project that you need to. Just knock the big chunks off with your Hilti and splash some red-lead over it and you should be done.

    It's an anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous

    No Rust-Roy. That's after the attentions of my wire brush.

    It's the fiddly stuff, where all the real rust has collected, that makes it a slow job.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete