Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Red primer

Red primerI'm always so amazed at how much more work gets revealed as things get done.

As soon as an area is cleaned up and painted, it immediately becomes obvious how much more detail there is that needs attention.

It seems that your eyes are inevitably drawn to the relatively small defects, rather than the much more substantial, finished, stuff.

Kind of like noticing a bogey hanging out of someone's nose I suppose. You see nothing else of that person, other than that bogey hanging there.

Painting down in the engine room is very much like that.

Here Fred worked hard on the detail in the engine room all day, much harder than me I hasten to add, cleaning and priming in preparation for a coat of white paint.

The rusty spots, even though they are nowhere near what Fred was working on, really stand out to me.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Tim

    I was eating my sandwiches when I read your last update . But I agree with your analagy

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can Fred come to Maine....please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew

    Sorry about that!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rick & Karen

    Good to hear from you guys.

    I'm sure Fred would love the travel :)

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete