That was John reporting our intentions to Southampton VTS as we were leaving the River Itchen.
Yup, we've been out for a cruise in Lady Jane!!!!
We've actually been working up to this trip since mid April, when Skipper John left some charts with me.
After a bit of a snag with the engine governor not responding like it should, it all came together and we set off in fine style.
What fun to be out in Lady Jane again, we cruised on down past The Needles and out into the shimmery shiny sea beyond.
Lady Jane performed impeccably, and we all got back safe and sound some seven and a half hours later.
She is such a different vessel now, compared to how she was when we first took her round to Fareham. As our confidence builds, and as things come together more, the plan is to take her on progressively longer voyages.
Big thanks to:
- John, the skipper, for an excellent job done despite him feeling so ill
- Patch for looking after us all
- Fred for all the hard work in getting Lady Jane shipshape
- Andy for all the hard work with the electrics, and on the day
- Jenny for taking over in the galley during Patch's hour of need
- Malcolm for helping with the inflatable.