Thursday, June 12, 2008

Duck nesting

Duck nestingWhat a weird place to do it.

Believe it or not, there is a duck nesting in the back of the crane there.

I sneaked a look when she left the nest, and saw she only had two eggs.

It could be that she has laid more, as she does not get off the nest that often now. That could be on account of the male duck on guard at the entrance there.

I would have thought it's a bit late in the year for a clutch of eggs, though I'm pleased to have a nest close by.

Something else to help with the on-board procrastination.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tim

    Let's hope nobody needs to use the crane.
    It's great when nature can exist in harmony with a busy environment

    All the best ; Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Ducky just ducky....every time I visit an industralized country I think of how nice it must have been before the white man showed up..lots of wildlife...rivers full of fish ...natives living in harmony with nature etc etc... there's no profit in things swimming/growing and minerals left in the ground......hope the ducklings survives.Thanks for updates Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL ~ must be the season. We had cliff swallows nesting onboard before we moved KJ. Seeing the mud nest they were starting to build, I think I'm glad they took their efforts in a new direction. Do keep up with pics if you get ducklings out of the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jamie

    I'm looking forward to seeing the ducklings, if/when they hatch.

    Will produce pics if I can.

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete