Monday, June 09, 2008

Clear the decks

Clearing the deck

The junk on Lady Jane mounts up surprisingly quickly.

It doesn't seem like that long ago I did a tip run, with the rubbish produced from the various jobs on Lady Jane.

Now, of course, a tip run is a little more difficult. I need a special permit to use the public waste disposal points. The issue is I have a truck, so trucks are limited to a maximum of 12 visits per year, and for household waste only.

The sun is shining, and it's been a wonderful weekend, so I'm resisting having a rant about Hart District Council here.

Anyway, the deck is looking so much better now, though I still cannot bring myself to throw away that 200 litre oil drum.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim

    Just a thought about the 200 oil drum

    they make fantastic BBQ just cut it in half length ways then you make a wire tray to go across it, best bit is you get two for the price of one ,so you can give one to a friend.

    They sell the tray s at B & Q but you will need to adjust it to fit accros the big opening.


    I have been keeping up with things on the Lady Jane even thou I have not made comments.

    she is looking great.

    Regards

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fozzie

    Thanks for the comment.

    Yup, that drum would make a fine barbeque.

    I'll need to wait until my Weber expires..

    Might be a while though, as it's a good one which sees plenty of hot action!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete