Thursday, February 07, 2008

Worth it?

Worth it?So here is the result of all the effort on that corner piece.

My plan is to work over the edges with a sander and, if Andy's calculations are correct, make a smoothly rounded edge there.

I suspect there will be some infilling with sawdust and glue, but overall I'm hopeful of a really clean edge there.

If not, I'll simply cover it over with some beading.

Do I think this bit has been worth the effort? I'd say yes.

Though in reality, like so many other newly attempted things on Lady Jane, only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Very nice. I think you can be deservedly proud.

    I'm puzzled by the bulkhead area to the right. Is that small or large?

    If it's large, I would probably have covered it first, then do the shorter surface to its left. Cutting fussy ends that fit just-so is easier on short pieces than on long ones is all.

    The battens on this section run across. Are you going to put vertical furring, then run horizontal t+g? or are you just going to run the t+g vertically here?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous

    Thanks for the comment.

    The bulkhead area is quite large. The reason for leaving this like I did was on account of the tricky bit, which I felt I needed to do first.

    Furring - Is that the right word for battens?

    If so, yes - I'll do vertical furring and continue with the horizontal t&g theme.

    In comparison to the tricky stuff, cutting those fussy ends should be relatively easy :)

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete