Monday, January 28, 2008

Air start fixed

Air startHere I am, standing by my main engine.

The big smile on my face is on account of the air start finally being sorted out.

It took a visit from Robin to actually get it fixed.

As it turned out, I was fiddling with completely the wrong thing.

When it comes to big engines and steel boaty stuff, Robin is the man.

Even if I had been fiddling with the right thing, there is no doubt that I would not have sorted it. I could well have made things worse in fact.

Anyway, now I know what to do next time an air start valve gets stuck. The good news is it's actually relatively simple to fix.

Thanks Robin.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew

    Yup - that engine is sounding good again.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. captain john10:14 AM

    i am dusting off the water skis i am sure the old girl is going to get up on the plane!!pretty horrid weather the past few days but have just finished my last night watch and now starting 18days leave.see you soon.by the way dont buy charts i have a set for you will bring them in next time i am on.regards john

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John

    Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    Hopefully the old girl will be going places soon. If only down the river for a lift out.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete