Friday, August 31, 2007

Putting it all together

So the job of installing the boiler, pressure unit and hotwater tank is done.

Putting it togetherAs you can see in the picture, the system is pressurised so things all appear to be ok there.

I know the Speedfit plastic pipes look a little squiffy. With 10/10ths hindsight, I should have bought some straight lengths of pipe so everything looked smart. No matter, it all works just fine.

The next tasks are to plumb in the radiators and wire up the various controls to the boiler. After that will be the diesel feed and the exhaust to fit and the job should be done.

In the meantime, I've had a hot shower from the new hot water tank using the immersion heater I've wired up.

So far so good.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tim

    What make is your new boiler etc. we're almost at the stage of fitting a new one for ourselves, and just wanted to know what had fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loz 'n' Moz

    The boiler is a bubble - boilerhouse version.

    What happened was over a year ago I saw an ad by www.oilstoves.com in a narrowboating newspaper given to me by a friend.

    They obviously knew about boat heating systems.

    I phoned Harworth heating and they (Terry in technical) spent some time chatting about my requirements.

    This, that you see, is the result.

    Good luck with your project, let me know how you get on. I'll be interested.

    Best regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. My god tim ,that was quick work.
    Last yearI bought a Kabola 19.5 kw boiler which is I think pretty similar to the bubble.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, looks similar Andrew.

    Quite a bit left to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By "squiffy" do you mean messy looking?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bowiechick

    Yup.

    I would have liked the pipes looking all neat and straight.

    Cheers

    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tim

    I have just sent you an email

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Hi Tim,
    If you burn any kind of fuel in a boat the gases will settle to the lowest point....so get a couple of canaries...or some sort of detector/alarm...especially if you have someone sleeping below the lowest fresh air vent....
    Cheers,Tony Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tony

    Not to worry, I'm putting in a proper flue.

    More about that in due course.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete