Friday, August 17, 2007

Big push

As you know, I have been plodding away at rust busting on the port side.

Big pushHere you can see where I've been making progress towards the stern, with the help of Willcarry 1.

The plan right now is for a big push, to rust all the way to the painted blue patch you can see right at the stern.

What I'm thinking is to join up the top section, the easy bit, then work my way forwards down by the waterline later in the day.

It's usually calmer later in the day, with little or no boat traffic, so hopefully working at the waterline should mean I remain relatively dry.

It doesn't look like much to do, but experience has shown there is a deceptive amount to cover there.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:30 AM

    Hi Tim...maybe if you ran a piece of 1"x8" ?? lumber all around Willcarry you may not get water sloshing in over it from the boat traffic wakes and the waves from strong winds ???? maybe you could even angle it out on top to deflect the waves/spray ??? you could even have it removable when not needed ???
    Tony Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony

    Thanks for that.

    I had wanted the platform as low to the water as I could get it.

    The removable sides idea is a good one though.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:40 AM

    Hi Tim,check this out...http://cartwrightlab.ca/
    pictures in Messages section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:52 AM

    Good Evening Tim...I just talked to Skipper Rick of the Wanderbird in Goose Bay,they had some wind,some hot weather,still loving Labrador though...We are off to Labrador(my beloved homeland) in the morning...Ideas...yes...I come up with them....some OK...some ????? If there's a problem I can usually come up with somthing...it's from my background of living in isolation on the coast of Labrador...if there was a problem we had to solve it ourselves....
    Tony Roberts

    ReplyDelete