Friday, July 20, 2007

Wanderbird cruise

I'm off for a bit, off to "the land of Icebergs and the great white bear".

Wanderbird tripThanks to a kind invite from Captains Rick and Karen of the Wanderbird, I'm going to join them on a quick trip far up in the Canadian north, along the Newfoundland coast.

I am so much looking forward to the wildlife possibilities, land sea and air, the Wanderbird at sea and of course the wonderful company of both Rick and Karen.

This will be the first ever proper sea trip I've done, asides for some ferry crossings and a few spins in the Solent. Hope I don't get sea sick (ha ha).

For those of you who don't know, the Wanderbird is a similar type of boat to Lady Jane and has exactly the same engine as I have (just a few engine numbers apart).

Obviously, after today there is not likely to be any postings until after I get back in a week or so.

No doubt there will be some interesting blog entries as a result of this trip.

3 comments:

  1. Fred (WWR)8:15 PM

    Have a good time Tim, you have worked for it. It should be a good break and motivation to keep going on Lady Jane. We will look forward to you blogs when you get back. About the time you get back, I'll be up on the DownEast Coast of Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do have fun, Tim! What a lovely adventure! Can't wait to hear about your travels when you return...
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Just had Tim and the skipper off the Wanderbird to our local airport for a spin...seems like a fine chap.I took them along to see moose but there was non in sight...too hot.Tony Roberts.St.Anthony,Nf.& Labrador,Canada.

    ReplyDelete