Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cruising

CruisingI've seen and done some amazing stuff in my life, but there are only a few things that will always stick in my mind as truly memorable.

I'd say that steaming along on the Wanderbird has to be one of those memorable times, in a really positive way of course.

It's hard to encapsulate that wonderful feeling I experienced while cruising up the coast of Newfoundland with friends. Photographs just do not do it justice at all.

This video clip from Wanderbird's wheelhouse, with The Doors playing on Sirius Satellite Radio in the background, goes some way to showing what it was like.

This, more than anything, motivates me to get out there with Lady Jane.

4 comments:

  1. wow!! beautiful! what engine does wanderbird have? mybe i missed it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Will

    She has an Industrie, exactly the same as mine.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Kelleher10:43 PM

    Tim,
    I am unable to view the Quicktime video. It will download but then shows me the broken film icon.

    I updated my Quicktime but still get the same thing.

    Please let me know if nobody else has this problem.

    BTW I still check on your progress every day. You make me tired. :))
    Bill Kelleher
    46' Bertram
    Toledo, Ohio USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill

    Sorry to hear you are having problems.

    I've tried on a few computers, and browsers, using the latest version of Quicktime but have no problems accessing the clip.

    You could try accessing/downloading it directly: http://www.timzim.com/Info/wanderbird.mov

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete