Monday, June 18, 2007

Platform made

Platform madeSo the new platform has been constructed, with help from Fred.

It's a little bigger than I had planned at 2.5m * 4.8m (7.5ft * 14.4ft), as the wood came in 4.8m lengths, but that's not a bad thing.

Next I'll need to fill the underside with foam so it floats well, screw in a few cleats, paint up the wood with a protective coating of some sorts and seal the gaps so ultraviolet can't get to the foam below.

I'll also think about attaching some kind of protective rubber strip around the edges.

Maybe another day or so's worth of work if I'm lucky.

It also occurs to me that I could use my platform to move any heavy stuff between the shore and Lady Jane, sort of as a mini barge. It would help save the rib tubes, if nothing else.

I'll need some help launching the thing, as it's pretty heavy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tim
    What sort of foam are you using,I have found a firm that supply the chemicals.They are the IFS Group
    www.ifs-group.com They are in Norfolk

    Regards ; Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:55 AM

    Good luck on your platform and your live on boat! I know you will enjoy it very much when it is completed! I love to live on housebaots and go up and down rivers! Huggss, Kitten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew

    I've been getting all my foam from Spray Insulation

    Regards

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kitten

    Thanks for that!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete