Monday, April 30, 2007

Almost all blue

With Fred along to help, and the good weather, what else is there to do but splash blue paint about?

Almost all blueThe starboard side has now been touched up with blue, with the exception of a small white patch up forward I just could not reach.

The wind and the tide both conspired against me on that one.

There is still a strip down by the waterline at the stern that needs priming and painting, so when I get blue paint on that, I'll also get the missed patch.

I know I'll have to get that patch, as it's amazing how many people feel free to comment as they go past in their boats.

I don't think I could bear to hear "you missed a bit" too many more times.

6 comments:

  1. Fred (WWR)11:25 AM

    Don't you just love it? ROTFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess eventually you will get yourseld a "rope scaffolding) you can hook on the gunnels and hang down (sitting) on the plank and repaint the hull? :o)) or would you bother? I think, probably I would wait until I`m alongside somewhere and do tt? :o)) Looks good! Nice boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. michael john hardwick8:01 PM

    looks good,i have some time next weekend if you want to turn her around i have the use of a little launch so can pop across from hythe.give me a shout,but book early because there is somebody who has a habit of filling my empty days!!! regards john

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John

    OK, let's go for it this weekend.

    I'll give you a call a bit later.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob

    I've been thinking of welding a piece of angle iron down by the waterline.

    That will give me a base for a platform, safe to work on those high bow sections by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fred

    Still enjoying it!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete