Thursday, March 15, 2007

Reflections

ReflectionsIt's been a really manic last couple of months, so I find it a real pleasure to sit back, survey the surrounding scenery and reflect on progress made on Lady Jane so far.

I am, of course, still learning, but in the beginning I had absolutely no concept of just how much needed to be done, let alone how to do it.

I recall that back then the only running water was rainwater - through the wheelhouse roof, and the only cooking facility comprised of a dodgy old gas stove.

When Lady Jane went round to Fareham, there was more rust than paint - both inside and outside.

Now she is becoming something to be proud of. Not just for me, but for everybody who has contributed in some way or other to be proud of as well.

That which everyone has contributed will be a part of Lady Jane for a long time to come. For example, when I look at the painted starboard side, I recall all those people who helped rust bust and paint over the years.

There is a long way to go, I know, but it's satisfying to think of just how much has been achieved so far.

Special thanks to (in no particular order) :
  • Pat - for all her help and encouragement (She also has to listen to me dreaming on)

  • Fred - for his constant help and companionship on so many miserable days

  • Jenny - for the warmth and wine

  • Robin - for his help and advice

  • Malcolm - for all the help

  • Pam - for helping keep me fed, and for the welcome respite from the cold these past two winters

  • Andy - who drives miles to lend a hand from time to time

  • Jason - who will come back and paint some more sometime

  • Steve - thanks for the chipping

  • Dave - who helped clear the fish hold

  • Dawn - who helped with the cleaning

  • Kate - who did help

  • Dave (dive buddy) - for all the help right in the beginning

  • Rob - who did some wiring

  • Rob - for the helpful comments on my blog

  • Chantel (+1) - for the help with the spray foam insulation

  • Mark - for the helpful tools advice.

  • The folks at Lafarge - for their help, especially with the heavy stuff.


I'm sure I've missed some folk off, it's not intentional - just that so many people have got stuck in there and helped over the years. If you have been missed, Email me and I'll happily include you on the list.

2 comments:

  1. Rob Dunne9:08 PM

    Hi Tim,

    I will be back to do some more work.. honest! And to help out with some more of that wiring.. or painting or rust busting... :)

    Rob D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob

    There's plenty to do, so no need to be shy!

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete