Monday, March 12, 2007

A big hole

Pat and I went back to Fareham, to drop Pam and Malcolm off and to collect my truck.

At Pat's suggestion we went round the quay, to where Lady Jane has been lying all this time.

The tide was out and it was amazing to see the huge big hole we have left in the mud in Fareham creek.

The Fareham bait diggers will be happy I suppose.

At the risk of sounding a bit soppy on a blog about tough things like trawlers and power tools and suchlike, there is a hole left in my heart at the thought of leaving Fareham.

The end of an era, but the start of a brand new one on the River Itchen.

1 comment:

  1. Strange isnt it? how Macho men (and I include myself in that) can grow attached to a place particlarily when your boat has been there for a time.When I moved my boat off the Thames I was quite choked off about and quite melancholy about it. I remember lying underneath my Moody 29 (bildge keeler) in Brixham harbour stroking her bottom affectionately before covering with antifoul, or was I sanding it? :o)) we do have certain feelings for our boats and places we hold dear I guess they become like old friends!

    ReplyDelete