Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Andy to the rescue

The new bilge pump is not the end of the tlc for the rib/hbi.

Andy to the rescueWhile fitting the bilge pump, I somehow managed to break the switch for the navigation lights (it was on it's way out anyway).

While investigating the broken nav light switch, the port nav light stopped working.

When investigating how to remove the port nav light lens, I discovered the starboard nav light was broken - not me I hasten to add.

Sometimes I wish I had not started on a particular project.

Anyway, with two new nav lights (could not find a match for the old one), a new switch, a few nuts and bolts, some new wire and a selection of tools, everything was in place to sort the nav lights out.

Oh yes, and of course Andy to help.

Thanks to Andy's efforts, everything on the rib now works properly.

Even this is not the end of the work that needs doing on the rib.

Andy reminds me that I need to buy some more cable ties and another junction box.

I will also need to replace the rotten old bit of board the battery sits on with a nice new piece of marine ply, and take up Rob's suggestion of installing a solar panel, which I have stashed away somewhere, to help keep the rib battery topped up.

Finally, there is also a valve on one of the tubes that needs replacing sometime soon. Fortunately the outer cap is doing it's job properly, so it's not a problem at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment