Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Black is back

I know I said I wasn't going to, but I've started painting what was the fish hold with that black bitumen paint.

Black is backHere you see Fred and Malcolm hard at work at opposite ends of the hold splashing it on.

I'd thought about it long and hard, and researched some other recommended paints (thanks Rob). The upshot is the advantages of the bitumen paint, price and effectiveness against rust, far outweigh the disadvantage of the place going so dark and dingy.

The black paint has the unique effect of making the whole place feel so much smaller than it really is. Malcolm reckons it's like working in between those moving walls you get in the movies.

I will eventually splash some white paint about, so as to brighten the place up, but wanted the solid undercoating of bitumen to prevent any rust getting through.

Oh yes, and that bitumen paint gets everywhere... Sorry for returning Fred all blacked up Jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment