Thursday, October 12, 2006

Beautiful Thames

Beautiful ThamesThis is a picture I snapped at the village where I collected my anchor winch from.

It's on the Thames, between Oxford and Reading someplace, though I can't remember the name offhand.

I've been meaning to blog about it for a while now.

Anyway, I'll have to go back to the place sometime soon, when the weather is good, as the place is so photogenic.

There are a few places I've seen there that I really want to photograph, but was a bit pressed for time when I was last there.

Also, there is at least one place I've seen which looks likely for a good Sunday lunch.

Maybe once Lady Jane has been moved to the Itchen and I have the time for a bit of a break.

4 comments:

  1. Fred (WWR)2:51 AM

    That's a beautiful picture Tim. I look forward to seeing some others of the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob (not the Rob who comments here, another Rob) reminded me that it's Goering.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll find it's Goring. Goering was the Oberbefehlshaber der Luftwaffe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - I'm sure the residents would not be happy :-)

    T

    ReplyDelete